Aging My Way Home Care provides specialized Alzheimer’s and dementia training to our caregivers.
Alzheimer’s is something that our CEO, Roberta Leslie cares a great deal about. She volunteers at Dogwood Pavilion Senior Centre and the Alzheimer Society of BC, and ensures that all of our care providers are trained to care for those who suffer from dementia and its various forms.
We understand how challenging caring for a family member with Alzheimer’s — or one of the other kinds of dementia — can be.
The following are just some of the ways that Aging My Way Home Care can support you and your loved one living with Alzheimer’s, and other types of dementia:
- We work closely with family members to develop a care plan that meets not only the needs of the individual living with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia, but also one that meets the needs of the family care providers.
- We help families create personalized music tracks based on a client’s favourite songs, composers, or specific decades.
- We provide assistance in creating memory books.
- We introduce our care providers to leading and innovative practices used in Alzheimer’s and dementia care in North America, such as the methods and practices of Teepa Snow (Positive Approach to Caregiving), and Jolene Brackey (Creating Moments of Joy).
- We strive to improve the lives of individuals living with Alzheimer’s/dementia and to make this a reality, Roberta continually engages in on-going training that is then shared with our employees.