Aging My Way Home Care is happy to provide the following resources that you may find useful:
If you or someone you know needs in-home care outside of the Tri-Cities area, we are pleased to recommend our colleagues throughout North America. As fellow members of The Senior’s Choice, we represent the highest level of senior care available for your loved ones.
Fall Prevention Program
Request a Free Fall Prevention Workshop for Your Group!
Aging My Way Home Care is proud to be the Port Moody, Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam area “resident experts” in fall prevention. Let us share some ideas with your family, friends, company, organization, or group about how to prevent one of the most catastrophic events in the life of a senior citizen.
Did you know that:
- 70% of accidental deaths in people over the age of 75 result from falls?
- 40% of all nursing home admissions are attributable to repeated falls at home?
- 1 out of every 3 seniors who lives independently in their homes will seek medical care for a major fall each year? If you are over 75, the likelihood of falling is even greater.
- 25% of seniors who suffer hip fractures die within one year?
- Survivors of falls may experience debilitating fractures of the hip, wrists or spine?
- Falling, or the fear of falling, often times leads to loss of confidence, imposed isolation and immobility?
We have developed a dynamic presentation (20 to 60 minutes in length) to share with your group. In this presentation, we share such things as:
- The frequency and effects of falls among seniors
- The most common causes of falls
- Things you can do to reduce the risk of falling
- What to do when someone falls
- How to tell if you or someone you love is at risk of a fall.
To learn more, or if you would like us to present this valuable program at your group’s next meeting, simply contact us.
Aging My Way Home Care is proud to be affiliated with the following organization, validating our adherence to the highest levels of quality service, ethical values, and best practices in our community and the industry.
Learn more about our affiliation with the nation’s largest network of independent private duty companies.