“Home is where the heart is.”
Taking care of a home may end up overwhelming for seniors. This may make them feel less confident, and sometimes it’s hard to ask for help in fear of losing independence. We realize that family members of seniors also have their own homes to care for, so to take care of a senior’s home as well can be a difficult or impossible situation to take on.
Our highly qualified and trained care providers are ready to help you and your loved ones with a variety of activities to relieve stress and increase enjoyment in life.
The following are just some of the care services that Aging My Way Home Care provides to help you or your loved ones stay organized, feel cared for, and continue to participate in social activities.
Household Assistance for Tasks to Help Stay Organized
- Cleaning tasks, such as dusting, vacuuming, kitchen cleaning
- Light laundry and ironing
- Organizing the bedroom, such as a disorganized closet
- Changing the linen and making the bed
- Changing old light bulbs
- Prepping a nutritious dinner
- Caring for your loving pet.
Companionship to Enjoy Time Spent Together
- Reading together
- Going for a walk outside
- Spending time together by sharing memories and funny stories
- Playing games and doing puzzles
- Participating in arts and crafts
- Watching your favourite TV show or movie.
Light Personal Care to Make Life Easier
- Medication reminders
- Monitoring bathing
- Monitoring grooming
- Monitoring getting dressed.
Transportation for Errands and Social Outings
- Groceries and shopping
- Picking up your prescriptions
- Taking care of your dry cleaning
- Buying stamps and mailing packages
- Taking you to the movies with friends
- Dining out for an enjoyable meal
- Driving to visit family and/or friends
- Taking you to church services.
Sleep-Over Services to Help You Get the Rest You Deserve
- Asleep overnight service – your care provider spends the night and also sleeps in your home, but will wake up and assist if you are in need of anything
- Awake overnight service – your care provider spends the night, does not go to sleep, and monitors you in your home
- Preparing a nutritious breakfast.
Extended Care Services
This level of service includes more extensive assistance with personal senior care. Services may include all of the above listed activities and:
- Medication reminders
- Bathing assistance
- Grooming assistance
- Dressing assistance
- In-home hospice services
- Assistance with rehabilitation tasks/exercises.
Each and every client is unique, and our in-depth assessment process allows us to custom tailor our services to meet your specific needs. You may find that you would like services that are in different categories – this is not a problem. By speaking with you in person, we aim to learn more about what you need as an individual.
If there are any services that we have not listed above, we will discuss these needs further with you in your in-home assessment to determine if we can take care of them.
Learn more about our assessment process or schedule a complimentary in-home assessment.